Friday, June 26, 2009

Fireworks...

So it's wedding season in Jaipur. Planting doesn't begin in Rajasthan until after the monsoon passes, so the traditional wedding season occurs from mid May to mid July. I haven't actually seen a wedding yet, but I've heard them... Fireworks are a key part of the wedding celebration, and presently some are exploding right outside my window. They're beautiful, but loud. They've been going off intermittently for about 20 minutes, and I expect them to go on much longer. Hell, if it was my wedding, I'd want fireworks all night long!

Also, a friend told me that Hindu marriages last for seven reincarnations. That's something to think about.

Check out this article about Wedding Lingerie Fads. Note, the article is dated September because in other parts of India the wedding season is in the Fall. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Lifestyle/Trends/Lingerie-fads-this-wedding-season/articleshow/3448479.cms

If I remember, my next post will be about comparing the incomparable: China and India

No comments:

Post a Comment